Sunday, December 09, 2007

Robert Baer on the 9/11 Conspiracies

Former CIA agent and author Robert Baer speaks out about the recent CIA tape revelations and 9/11 conspiracies in Time magazine. Now Baer is listed both on Patriots Questions 9/11, and as one of the "7 former CIA agents that question 9/11" that has been going around the Internet, so based on what the ironically titled "truth movement" has been saying, we should be expecting him to back up their viewpoint.

Uhh, no. In fact his viewpoint could not be further from their desire:

I myself have felt the pull of the conspiracy theorists — who believe that 9/11 was an inside job, somehow pulled off by the U.S. government. For the record, I don't believe that the World Trade Center was brought down by our own explosives, or that a rocket, rather than an airliner, hit the Pentagon. I spent a career in the CIA trying to orchestrate plots, wasn't all that good at it, and certainly couldn't carry off 9/11. Nor could the real pros I had the pleasure to work with.

For some reason though, I doubt they are going to take his name down off of Patriots Question 9/11 anytime soon.